Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Party Decor Part 1

This post is a little late, sorry. We escaped for a night to small indoor waterpark over the weekend and I had to study before classes. Oh and right now I am putting off writing 2 papers that are due tomorrow night and preparing for class tomorrow night.
I'm so bad I don't remember what day last week I made this banner. My daughter's birthday party is coming up and I wanted to get a head start on the decorations. The theme is American Girl Birthday Camp, yep it's her first sleepover party.We are decorating with purple and red stars.
So I made a banner to go on our hutch where the sweet treats will be stationed.
It's not the greatest picture and this is not where it will be hung for the party but you get the idea.

I used my Cricut (that I love so much) and cut 6 red stars and 6 purple stars from cardstock.
Then punched 2 slits for the ribbon on all of the purple stars. I placed the slits so that the red smaller stars would cover them. I cut Red ribbon to length fitting its spot on the hutch and slid all of the purple stars on the ribbon.

Then I adhered the red stars onto the purple stars carefully, I wanted the ribbon to still be able to move so only the tips of the two side points have adhesive and of course the rest of the tips are covered. I cut "Sweets" from the purple cardstock using the Cricut again and added the letters to the front. Can I just tell you much easier the Tweezer Bee is for holding and applying small sticky things like letters. Awesome tool.
Now this banner is put a way in a box of other red and purple party supplies. I have many more decor items we need to make, good thing we have a few weeks.
Time to craft out some A papers and read.



1 comment: