Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Valentine's and a Presidental puppet

Yes, another late post but this should have me up to date...for now.
We found this idea in a couple of places, but here is our version:

We used a flower shaped punch and punched a lot of tissue paper flowers. Then printed "Happy Valentine's Day From: Melissa" on green cardstock and punched the words out with a heart shaped punch. We folded the flowers into quarters and snipped off a tiny bit and used a hole punch on the heart to make holes to slide the flowers and heart up the sucker stick.

Lissy's 3rd grade project was to make a puppet of an assigned president. She was assigned Bill Clinton. We started with a tan pillow case that "looks like skin color."
We drew a head shape and then rectangular body shape. Cut him out and sewed it together, well that was the plan. I thought I could sew. I've made projects in the past, basic sewing projects but I did it. I really think I need to service my machine. The part that holds the bobbin in keeps coming out and it's hit or miss if I'm going to get good stitches out of it, no matter how many times I try at the same settings.
This is just one of the results I was getting. Finally, I got it going though.

We had it going well enough for Lissy to sew part of it. :)

Here is the finished shape. We raided my craft stashes to find the perfect accessories for President Clinton. Felt, buttons, paper, brads and some hot glue.


May I present President Bill Clinton. It's hard to tell by President Clinton is holding a saxophone. The puppet had to be holding an object related to the paper and presentation Lissy had to prepare. The puppet ended up being the easy part. The paper and presentation were very tough on her.

Next on my craft to do list is a felt book for my nephew and some projects for the baby's room. Hopefully I will have some good stuff to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment